The Citizen’s Bank Building was originally built in 1924 with a grand two-story lobby space. During the 1970’s part of the lobby space was converted to an additional floor of office space. The renovation consisted of returning the lobby space to its original character and utilizing dramatic lighting on the exterior to highlight significant architectural features.
The renovation upgraded the building to meet current standards while preserving its historical and notable qualities. The historic downtown building received a new lease on life and when completed became the home to a restaurant, a bar and multiple office tenants on the remaining floors.
2007 Rock Hill Historic Preservation Award
- Date January 25, 2015
- Tags Adaptive Reuse, Office